Friday, July 3, 2009

Vehicles - The Bain of my Existence

I hate cars. I desperately wish I had no need for them but alas I work 30+ miles away from home and that just isn't walkable, especially in my current condition!

We took the Lincoln in last Saturday to have the rear driver's side shock looked at. Found out on Wednesday that both air bags (it has air suspension) are shot along with the air compressor's motor. Great! So to fix all that it was going to be $700+. Instead for $400+ we can have the car converted to regular coil spring shocks and not have to worry about compressor motors or air bags anymore - score! But of course the parts have to be ordered from out East and won't arrive till the 6th at the earliest. We need this car up and running by the 9th when my mom comes to town (the Saturn just isn't big enough for everyone anymore).

Then the Saturn didn't pass it's smog test. Took it in this morning to find out what's wrong, $140 later it's fixed but the smog place won't re-smog it for free until the guy who did it originally comes in at 2 (so Alex and I wait). Then I have to go to the DMV to get the tags and then hopefully this nightmare is over, at least for a while.

The exciting and wonderful news is that my mom is going to be here in less than a week! It means much cleaning still needs to be done but that's ok with me, I get to see my mom!!! She hasn't seen me since I was only about 5 weeks pregnant - quite a difference now at almost 33 weeks.

My baby shower is on the 11th (the reason mom is coming to town - isn't she just the best?) and that should be great fun. A bunch of my friends that I haven't been able to connect with in quite a while are going to be there, it will be so nice to see them again! And let me just point out how truly blessed I feel that some of these friends are driving quite some distance just to see me and celebrate the coming of this baby. I'm a very very lucky lady.

Other than that I'm just doing my very best to stay as cool as possible - the temperatures have been awful lately - and since when is Southern California humid? I don't like this new development! And trying to make it through my last 3 weeks of work. I can't believe I'll be on leave in less than a month. I would be lying if I didn't say I'm not looking forward to some time off. I'm hoping my little man doesn't get any ideas about coming super early - I have a lot to accomplish before he arrives. I tell him everyday that he needs to take his time and get as big and strong as he can. I then always amend what I've said and tell him he doesn't need to be TOO big!

I can't believe we only have about 50 days to go! That's pretty crazy, but I am so looking forward to meeting this little person growing and wiggling inside me. Even with my achey pelvis and sore back I am thoroughly enjoying this entire experience. I finally feel as if I'm doing what I was meant to do. I feel so natural and content being pregnant. We'll see how I feel in another 4 weeks right? :P Anyway, that's our update for now. Hope life is treating everyone well!

No comments:

Post a Comment