Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ummmm. . . . Yikes!!!

So yeah. . . . it's August! Holy crap! That means that I'm supposedly having a baby THIS month! That is just a little crazy to think about.

So sorry that I haven't posted in so long, will work on rectifying that, and in the meantime try to catch you up a little bit.

The car stuff got figured out eventually in case anyone was wondering but there was even more drama to be had after that last post - I don't even want to go into it. It was actually almost comical by the time everything got worked out.

My mom came to visit on July 9 and stayed till July 15 which was wonderful! I didn't mean to put her to work but she ended up cleaning and organizing my apartment - which is awesome since my body has decided it doesn't want to do anything but grow a baby! Did I mention how much I adore her? Other than wanting to see her now obviously pregnant daughter (we saw her back at Christmas but I was only about 4-5 weeks pregnant at the time) she was also in town for the baby shower that Kazia and Sandy threw. It was marvelous! This little boy is SO loved already. I'm pretty sure we have everything we need, and if we don't, well then we'll get it after he arrives. Most of Paul's side of the family and some of my friend's were able to make it and I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all.


One of the games we played was me trying to figure out what kind of baby food I was tasting - I can't believe babies eat this stuff!





This was a definite "Yuck!!" flavor - I think it was squash or something I don't normally like anyway.



This was a definite "YUMMY!!!!"



And how cute are the party favors??? "Thank you for coming from Kristin and her 'bun in the oven'!"

Then I had another shower at work! This little boy is going to seriously be the best dressed baby on the block that is for sure. They decorated my desk and had a potluck with lots of yummy food. It was a nice way to round out my last week of work.



There's the belly! And my cubicle at work. Cheryl came in on Sunday to decorate my desk!! Such love from my lead :)



The sash says "mommy - to - be" and that cake to my left. . . was made by Cheryl out of blankets and wash cloths!!!! So cool!

So July 24 was my last day of work and it was definitely with mixed feelings that I left. I miss my friends at work and seeing them on a daily basis. But as little man has gotten bigger over the last week and dropped a little bit I don't know if I could still be doing it. I've had a hard time this past week just keeping up with doctor's appointments, I can't imagine what it would have been like while working full time as well.

I've washed the first batch of his clothes and blankets and burp cloths. We got the crib on the 26 and put it together the same day. I'm still waiting for the mattress pad to be delivered but once I have the bedding all put together as well I will post some pictures of his corner in our room. It's really coming together quite nicely. Other than that not too much going on. Just trying to patiently wait for his arrival. This is the truest surprise I think I will ever have - having no idea when he is going to decide to make his debut.

That pretty much sums it up I do believe. I will post again soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment