Friday, August 14, 2009

T-Minus 9 days . . . . maybe

We are now in the single digits - how crazy is that? I've actually started having contractions - though intermittently at best. My impatience is starting to shine through. I just can't wait to meet my little man! I got some pictures of my cousin's son (that's incredibly cool to say) and he really is precious.

So I told Grandma Paula that I did this months ago, I think I've been waiting for the "right" time though and I guess tonight with your daddy snoring on the couch behind me is that time. I fully intend to write a letter to you to give to you some day in the future that will be just between you and me but until then some insight into how I'm feeling about meeting you and my hopes and dreams for you my sweet little Liam.

I'm incredibly excited to meet you and hold you and kiss you from head to toe. I can't wait to see who you look like and what color your hair and eyes will be. I truly believe you are going to be long but we'll see if mommy is right or not soon enough. I worry too about how scary this whole journey will be for you. But I promise you that while it might seem like a big, bright, loud and scary world out here - it's a pretty incredible place with lots of amazing, wonderful people who love you unconditionally already.

As any mommy would admit - I want only happiness and sunshine for you. Unfortunately that's not always possible, and times may be difficult once in a while. But mommy and daddy will ALWAYS be here for you - whether you need a hug, a pat on the back, or just someone to talk to. I want you to know above all else that we love you and always will no matter what. I also want you to know that the sky is the limit. If you put your mind to it, you CAN do it. My mom taught me that and I hope I can do half as good a job proving that truth to you in turn.

From the day I disbelievingly gazed at a positive pregnancy test (December 14, 2008) with tears of joy in my eyes, to the first time I felt you flutter around in my tummy, to the first time you made the book I was reading jump off my belly I have loved you and I always will. I'm ready when you are little man!!

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or if it was just that beautiful, but I loved your letter! Your little man is lucky to have you already. I hope you get to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete